Saturday, September 15, 2012
I have a few pieces that I absolutely love. Just to name a few, my new skinnes (formally boot cut), polka dot blouse, and my chambray. My heart would break if anything were to ever happen to them. I hand wash my delicates and my favorite pieces and hang them dry whenever possible. It takes a little more time, but it extends their lifetime so it's worth the extra effort.
A few tips to extend the life of your clothes.
1. Hand wash whenever possible.
2. Hang dry.
3. Do not hang sweaters.
4. Wash your clothing inside out.
5. Zip all zippers before washing (by hand or machine).
6. Keep a button box/bag to revamp your clothes or simply to replace a missing button.
7. Use a lint shaver (not scissors) for those annoying lint balls.
8. Try fabric dye for faded clothing. It'll give your old clothes a "new" feeling.
Readers - Do you have any special tips to share?