Sunday, July 18, 2010

The perfect & most simpliest skirt tutorial

I finally got a chance to make a skirt ever since I read about how Elaine from Clothed Muched made s simple skirt with a tutorial she found at What Would a Nerd Wear.

This is definitely super simple. You just need to be able to cut fabric and sew a straight line. It is that simple!

I bought this dress at Ross a few weeks ago for $3! I wasn't crazy about the skirt part of the material, but the more I look at it, the more I learn to like it! I took the whole dress apart so I could resew in a thinner piece of elastic. I just cut the elastic in half. Unpicking took longer than sewing, so I would say you can get this done in 30 minutes or less. I am speaking from amateur sewing skills too!

My skirt is a little too big, but eh, that's alright! I'm too excited to care. Maybe I'll fix it one of these days, but until then, I will just belt it.

Before:


After:

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Wardrobe Refashion. I love your skirt! I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    Kate
    http://bookwormtobombshell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I must give this a go. I love quick projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I'd wear this!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was linked here from 'Clothed Much' and my draw dropped when I saw the dress. I have the same exact one, and I've been looking for a way to make it....more attractive, I guess?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute skirt!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to share your thoughts and make sure you're not Anonymous so I can respond back to you!
(Sorry I had to turn on the word verification, there were too many spam comments.)